PART 1 - GENERAL ITEMS
1.01 PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The purpose of this invitation to bid is to provide the City of Montrose with material suitable for use in routine maintenance of City assets such as water lines, sewer lines, storm sewer and roadways.
1.02 LOCATION OF MATERIAL
The material supplier shall have the ability to fulfill orders from a stock piled location within fifteen (15) radius miles of 1221 6450 Rd Montrose Co.
1.03 STOCK PILE FACILITY
Material supplier shall have the ability to load City trucks or contracted City trucks hired by the City without assistance of City equipment or labor. Material shall be available for the City to acquire during normal working hours, M-F, 7:00 am – 4:30 pm. Facility shall be capable of reporting material loaded to the nearest 20 lbs at the stock pile location and providing a material ticket containing.
1.04 MATERIAL REQUIREMENTS
- 3” Road Base Class 2: CDOT Reference 703.03 Aggregate for Bases Table 703-2
- 3/4” Road Base Class 6: CDOT Reference 703.03 Aggregate for Bases Table 703-2
- 6-8 inch Cobble: Clean smooth cobble
- 3-4 inch Cobble: Clean smooth cobble
- Granular Stabilization Materials: 2 inch crushed stone minimum 3 fractured faces.
1.05 ESTIMATED QUANTITIES
- 3” Road Base Class 2: 500 Tons
- 3/4” Road Base Class 6: 1500 Tons
- 6-8 inch Cobble: 100 Tons
- 3-4 inch Cobble: 100 Tons
- Granular Stabilization Materials: 50 Tons
The quantities indicated above are estimates that pertain to total aggregate quantities that may be ordered throughout the stated contract period. Variation of quantities may increase or decrease. The estimates do not indicate single order amounts unless otherwise stated. The City of Montrose makes no guarantees about single order quantities or total aggregate order quantities.