Thank you for your interest in the Montrose Street Banner program.The Street Banner program is organized by the City of Montrose for advertising community events occurring in Montrose.
Applications can be submitted online using this simple form or printed applications can be mailed to City of Montrose, P.O. Box 790, Montrose, CO 81402, or dropped off at the Visitor Center (107 S Cascade Ave).We will be in touch with you shortly about your application.
Attach a professional rendering or proof of the proposed banner.
1) I acknowledge that all materials submitted in conjunction with this form shall be considered a part of this application.
2) I acknowledge that this application will not be considered filed and processing may not be initiated until the City of Montrose determines that the submittal is complete with all necessary information and is “acceptable as complete.” The City of Montrose will notify the applicant of all application deficiencies no later than five days following application submittal.
3) I declare under penalty of perjury that the information contained in this application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
4) It is the organization’s responsibility to inform the City of Montrose in writing of any changes.
5) As the owner, lessee or person in lawful possession of this banner, I understand, agree and acknowledge that the City of Montrose is not responsible for damage or loss of banners.
6) Each participating organization must sign a street banner applicant agreement to hold harmless and indemnify the City of Montrose for claims arising out of or resulting from the permission granted.
IN CONSIDERATION OF PERMISSION TO ERECT AND MAINTAIN A STREET BANNER SIGN FROM THE CITY OF MONTROSE, A COLORADO HOME RULE MUNICIPAL CORPORATION WHOSE PRINCIPAL ADDRESS IS 433 SOUTH FIRST STREET, MONTROSE, COLORADO 81402-0790 (HEREINAFTER “CITY”), THE APPLICANTFOR SAID PERMISSION (IDENTIFIED BELOW) HEREBY AGREES AS FOLLOWS:
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Applicant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City ofMontrose, their officers and employees, from and against all liability, claims and demands, on account of injury, loss, or damage, which arise out of or are in any manner connected with the banner signage related hereto, if such injury, loss, or damage, or any portion thereof, is caused by, or claimed to be caused by, the act, omission, or other fault of the Applicant or any subcontractor of the Applicant, orany officer, employee, representative, or agent of the Applicant or of any subcontractor, or any other person for which Applicant is responsible. The Applicant shall investigate, handle, respond to, and provide defense for, and defend against any such liability, claims and demands, and bear all other costsand expenses related thereto, including court costs and attorney fees. The obligation of this Paragraphshall not be construed to extend to any injury, loss, or damage which is caused by the act, omission, orother fault of the City of Montrose, their officers, or employees.
The Montrose Street Banner program is organized by the City of Montrose, for advertising community events.
All organizations wishing to display an event banner shall complete and submit the banner application. Applications must be submitted 30 days prior to the first day on which the event wishes to display the banner(s). Except as provided in the Multiple Year Commitments section, applications for banner displaying will not be accepted more than one year prior to the first day of intended display. All applications must be approved by the City of Montrose. Approval of the design and display period should be obtained by the applying organization before banners are ordered. In the event of concurrent requests, priority will be determined according to the order in which a completed application was submitted, or at the discretion of the City of Montrose City Manager prioritizing the event venues that occur within the community, or unless otherwise specified in these guidelines.
The typical period of display is seven days. Should the event require a longer period of time, a formal request is required to be submitted with application. The seven-day period is intended to minimize scheduling conflicts but will also remain flexible when there are no conflicts.
Design and color of banners shall be tasteful and pleasing to the eye, and an enhancement (not a distraction) to the aesthetics of the area. Font size must be large and clear to read from distance.
Recommended build: 5' X 20', 13 oz vinyl or greater, sewn or taped hem on all four sides, metal grommets every six inches on the top and bottom, wind-slits as recommended by the banner producer.
1. Exact size: 5' tall x 20' wide
2. Mesh Banners: Use mesh with 65% to 80% printable area allowing at least 20% open for air flow. (Mesh banners must be designed with high contrast colors for best readability)
3. Vinyl Banners: Use 13 oz to 16 oz outdoor vinyl.
4. Wind-slits: Size and number of wind relief slits to be recommended by the banner company producing the street banner. The size and quantity of wind relief slits is a variable depending on the size of banner and weight of banner material chosen.
5. Grommets: Grommets should be installed every 6" top and bottom
6. Hem: Banners should be hemmed on all four sides
7. Double-Sided Banners: Double-sided banners must be produced using block–out banner stock. Double-sided banners cannot be produced on mesh.
The City of Montrose will coordinate installation and removal. The applying organization must supply the Main Street banner to the front desk at the Visitor Center (107 S Cascade Ave, Montrose, CO)five to seven business days before the date of installation. When the banner is removed, the organization must pick up the banner within five days. If not picked up, the banner will be discarded. The City of Montrose is not liable for any damage to the banners during installation or removal.
There are no program administration or application fees. Applicant is subject to the installation/ removal charge of $250 (payable to City of Montrose). Payment is due 14 days before installation.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to store and maintain banner(s). The City of Montrose will not be responsible for the storage or maintenance of any banners other than those owned directly by the City.
For additional information, contact:
Kate AdamsGuest Services & DART CoordinatorCity of Montrose
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field