Who is responsible for maintaining traffic signals?
The City of Montrose maintains the traffic signals at Main/Park and Main/Cascade. For questions or malfunctioning lights at these locations, please call the City of Montrose at (970)240-1482.

All other street lights within the City of Montrose are maintained by the Colorado Department of Transportation. If a traffic signal is malfunctioning, please call the Colorado State Patrol at 249-4392. For questions regarding traffic signal operations such a light synchronization, please call the Colorado Department of Transportation at (970)248-7230.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report potholes and other public works issues?
2. Who is responsible for maintaining street lights?
3. Who is responsible for maintaining traffic signals?
4. Why does the city schedule construction during the busy times of the day?
5. How does the sidewalk replacement program work and who can participate?
6. What is the tree trimming and replacement program and how can I participate?
7. How do we get the city to grade an alley that is rutted or damaged by construction activities?
8. How do I obtain an excavation permit to work in the city's right of way?