Montrose, CO — Calling all you Master Mowers, you Wizards of Weed Eaters, you Soil Savvy Savants, the City of Montrose has launched its inaugural Mow-Town Showdown contest to award Montrose city residents who go above and beyond in helping beautify the community.
The contest will recognize the efforts of individuals and businesses that put in the extra effort into the appearance of their yard.
To nominate yourself or a yard that you find admirable, simply provide a photo of the property along with your name, telephone number and address of the nominated property via email to Community Events Coordinator, Alexis Foran at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also drop off your submission to the Montrose Visitor Center at 107 South Cascade Avenue, attention: Alexis Foran.
The contest will run for five months (May 1 - September 30) and one winner will be selected for each month. The winner will be announced on the first of each month. The rules include:
• Property must be in Montrose City Limits
• Property may be residential or commercial
• Area of property that is nominated must be visible from a public street or sidewalkSuggestions for a Winning Entry: Lawn
• Grass should be healthy, green, mowed and edged.
• Grass should be trimmed around foundations and fences
• Lawn should be free of all debris (garbage, pet feces etc.)Landscaping and Flower Beds
• Flowers should be healthy and deadheaded
• Use of native and low water plants is encouraged
• All dead plants should be removed
• Trees and shrubs should be pruned with a neat, natural appearanceAesthetics
• Use of color is encouraged
• Garden art is encouraged
• Hanging baskets, pots and bird feeders are welcome
• A welcoming entryway is desired
Winners announced each month will win $50 in Montrose Bucks and will be featured in the Montrose Daily Press.
For more information visit: www.cityofmontrose.org/709/Mow-Town-Showdown
For more city news visit: CityOfMontrose.org