Following recent crack seal and asphalt patching throughout the Fox Park, Fox Hills, and American Village subdivisions, the City is scheduled to begin slurry sealing on Monday, July 12th. Slurry seal is a type of surface treatment in which small aggregate is suspended in an oil/water emulsion. As the emulsion cures, it creates a smooth black seal on top of the asphalt pavement. Slurry seals are best used on roads still in good condition, prior to any major failures. The seal helps prevent the roadway from deteriorating, extending the life of the asphalt and preventing more costly repairs in the future. The curing period typically takes 4-5 hours. During this period cars will not be permitted to drive on the freshly placed slurry. Contractors will begin work each day at 7am. If your road is scheduled to be sealed and has "No Parking" signs along the road, please be prepared for the road to be closed until the slurry has cured. Should you need to leave your home after 7 am, please prepare for the closure and relocate your vehicle to a street that does not have "No Parking" signs prior to the start of the slurry seal process. The construction schedule is as follows:
- Monday 7/12/2021: Leah Lane, David Lane, Estates Drive, American Way, Election Way, and Silver Fox Drive.
- Tuesday 7/13/2021: Kia Lane (north of Meadows Pkwy), Stan Drive, Freedom Way, W. Fox Park Street, West Drive, and West Court.
- Wednesday 7/14: Biron Road, Meadows Parkway (between 6700 Rd and Sara E Lane), E Fox Park Street, Valley Way, Consitution Loop.
- Thursday 7/15: Sara E Lane, Natalia Way, Kia Lane (south of Meadows Pkwy), Mead Lane (between Meadows Pkwy and Patriot Ct) and Republic Avenue.
- Friday 7/16: Meadows Parkway (between 6700 Rd and Stan Dr), Patriot Court, Mead Lane (east of Patriot Ct), and Hill Street (south of American Way).
- Saturday 7/17: Meadows Parkway (east of Stan Dr), and Hill Street (north of American Way). Final clean up and any rework areas.
Any questions regarding the project may be directed to Civil Engineer Ryan Cushenan at 970.240.1485 or email@example.com. Please visit www.MoveMo.co for routine project updates and information on other large capital projects taking place throughout the city.