Montrose, CO — The City of Montrose has been allocated funds through the Coronavirus Relief Fund (CARES Act) to respond to community nonprofit needs as a result of the COVID-19 emergency.
A portion of these funds has been set aside to establish the COVID-19 Nonprofit and Child Care Assistance Grant Program to provide financial assistance to local community nonprofit organizations and child care providers in the form of grants to address unexpected expenses resulting from the COVID-19 emergency.
Funds are intended to reduce exposure to COVID-19, particularly in vulnerable, at-risk populations, and to lessen or mitigate the economic, health, and social impact of COVID-19.
Eligible applicants include:
• Community nonprofit organizations that serve the residents of Montrose (Organizations will be required to provide documentation of nonprofit status).
• Nonprofit and for-profit child care providers, including preschools and daycare centers located in the city of Montrose.
Eligible organizations must have been impacted by the COVID-19 emergency and have responded, or intend to respond, to the emergency by providing services to the community. The city is unable to provide grants to individuals.
All projects must align with the U.S. Treasury's Coronavirus Relief Fund Guidance for State, Territorial, Local, and Tribal Governments available at https://cdola.colorado.gov/cvrf.
CARES Act funding may only be used to cover costs that:
1. Are necessary expenditures incurred due to the COVID-19 public health emergency;
2. Were not accounted for in the organization's most recent budget;
3. Were incurred during the period beginning Sunday, March 1, 2020, and ending on Wednesday, December 30, 2020.
Examples of eligible projects include COVID-19 expenses related to meeting local or state health orders, acquisition and distribution of personal protective equipment, public safety measures, food delivery and transportation for vulnerable populations, technological expenses to facilitate distance learning or teleworking, and payroll expenses if the employee is substantially dedicated (more than 51-percent of time) to mitigating or responding to the COVID-19 emergency.
All projects and services must occur in the city of Montrose.
The list below includes examples of ineligible expenditures:
1. Expenses for the state’s share of Medicaid.
2. Damages covered by insurance.
3. Payroll or benefits expenses for employees whose work duties are not substantially dedicated to mitigating or responding to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
4. Expenses that have been, or will be, reimbursed under any federal program.
5. Reimbursement to donors for donated items or services.
6. Workforce bonuses other than hazard pay or overtime.
7. Severance pay.
8. Legal settlements
The City of Montrose will determine the eligibility of all proposed projects.
City Council has committed $300,000 to provide assistance to community nonprofit organizations, $75,000 of which is reserved for assistance to child care entities.
There isn’t a minimum or maximum grant request amount.
Applicants will be required to provide a budget detailing how funds will be utilized.
Dates and Deadlines
Applications will be accepted beginning immediately, but on a rolling basis until Thursday, November 12, 2020, at 6 p.m.
Applicants should complete the appropriate application (i.e. Nonprofit Grant Assistance or Child Care Grant Assistance Grant Program). Nonprofit child care providers may apply for both programs. Applications are accessible at www.cityofmontrose.org/covid19.
Apply early. Funds will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis until they have been exhausted.
Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis by an evaluation committee. All applicants will be notified about the status of their application as soon as possible. Additional information may be requested by the evaluation committee.
Questions about the eligibility of proposed projects should be directed to the city’s Innovation and Community Engagement Team, Bethany Maher (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Kendall Cramer (email@example.com).