- April 2021: Construction Mobilization, Site Demolition, & Mass Excavation
- May 2021: Deep Foundation Screw Piles & Utility Work (gas, storm, electrical, and communication lines)
- June & July 2021: Structural Concrete & Under-slab Electrical and Plumbing
- August & September 2021: Building Concrete Slab-on-Grade, Structural Steel Framing, & Concrete Block Walls
- October - December 2021: Metal Framing, Exterior Masonry, Roofing, M.E.P. Rough-in
- January – April 2022: All Interior Finishes (drywall, cabinets & countertops, doors, flooring, paint, ceilings, lights, etc.), and Exterior Sidewalks
- May – July 2022: Parking Log, Landscaping, Commissioning of Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing Systems, and Complete Interior Finishes
- A grand opening is being planned for the end of August or the beginning of September. An exact date will be announced as construction draws to a close.
- City of Montrose: Council Members, Police Department, Public Works, Public Safety Advisory Committee
- Owner’s Representative: Dynamic Program Management
- Architects: Blythe Group + Co., Motley Architecture, MWL Inc.
- Engineers: Lindauer-Dunn Inc., Bighorn Consulting Engineers Inc.
- Contractor: Shaw Construction
- Shaw Construction: James de la Garza (720-584-2532) & Paul Schultz (970-904-0035)
- City of Montrose Public Works: Jim Scheid (970-240-1481)
The new Public Safety Complex (PSC) will encompass the existing PD site and the adjacent parcel. When completed, the west half of the building will have two levels and one level on the eastern half for a combined square footage of 37,168. The new construction will wrap the existing PD structure.
- Level 1 (new building) = 28,197 square feet
- Level 2 (new building) = 8,971 square feet
The west half of the building will be a steel structure with second-level metal decking and concrete slab. The east side will be constructed of structural concrete masonry units with bar-joist roof framing. Exterior siding will be all masonry – mostly brick veneer with stone detailing.
Adjustments in PD Operations During Construction
While normal Police Department operations will continue throughout the construction of the PSC, personnel will be temporarily relocated to facilities neighboring the existing PD building. Customer service personnel will relocate to the main entrance lobby of City Hall at 431 S 1st St. Public parking is available along portions of S 1st St near City Hall and at Centennial Plaza.