Montrose U Leadership
Because the quality of a community depends on the capability of its leaders.
The Montrose U Leadership Program creates a legion of leaders who understand Montrose's past and present and intend to fully participate in its future. Alumni are prepared to confidently meet existing challenges and lead organizations skillfully through the development of:
- Solution-based leadership competencies
- Abilities to broker difficult interactions
Interested in participating in a future class?
Applications must be submitted by July 22, 2022, @ 5 p.m.
As a class participant you can expect to:
- Learn the Uncompahgre Valley's history including the leadership, vision, and compromises required for us to be the community we are today
- Gain knowledge of your own leadership style and how to work with other leadership styles for the good of the community
- Meet local government leaders including City Council, County Commissioners, your state representative and senator, and others who serve in many capacities
- Gain an education about local challenges and accomplishments from education, healthcare, water rights, agriculture, manufacturing, and others
- Know the election process and what it takes to run for office
- Learn Robert's Rules and the responsibility of serving on a board of directors
- Have the knowledge to be a director or person who answers to a board of directors
- Know your own passions and what opportunities exist to serve our community that fit within your wheelhouse
- Be able to mentor the next leadership classes in Montrose
- Learn about our tax base, such as Tabor, Gallagher, and Amendment 23, and be able to explain the tax base to others
Schedule for 2022/2023 Program
- Friday, August 12, 2022; 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday, September 9, 2022; 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday, October 14, 2022; 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday, November 11, 2022; 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday, December 9, 2022; 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday, January 13, 2023; 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday, February 10, 2023; 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday, March 10, 2023; 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- TENTATIVE LEGISLATIVE TRIP TO DENVER: Wednesday, April 12 - Friday, April 14
- GRADUATION: Friday, May 12, 2023; 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.