Montrose Urban Renewal Authority
The Montrose Urban Renewal Authority (MURA) was formed in late 2016 by a resolution of the Montrose City Council. MURA encompasses approximately 160 acres along the Uncompahgre River northwest of downtown Montrose.
MURA and Colorado Outdoors work in tandem to create public infrastructure, public open space, and zoning required to accommodate the project's mixed-use intent which includes commercial, hospitality, and residential sites. An estimated $83 million is proposed for site work, infrastructure improvements, river restoration, and open space enhancements.
The master plan for Colorado Outdoors, the development that lies within the MURA's boundaries, includes approximately 670,000 square feet of development; the northern section is comprised of hotel and restaurant sites, with retail spanning Grand Avenue along the east end. Modern, quality housing units round out the southern end, with abundant open space and trail access adjoining the properties.
Board members and the organizations they represent are:
- Bill Bell, Executive Director
- Tad Rowan, Chairman - Community At-Large Representative (Montrose Fire Protection District)
- Brad Hughes - Montrose County Representative
- Stephen Bush - Montrose County School District Representative
- Allison Howe - Special Districts Representative (Montrose Recreation District)
- Montrose City Council
Meeting Agendas, Packets, and Minutes
Meeting materials for the MURA and other city boards are posted regularly on the city's Public Meetings Portal.