Code Enforcement responds to citizen complaints and monitors the community for code violations involving weeds, junk, snow removal, signs, and other nuisances and issues.
Citizen reporting to help identify problem areas is appreciated and Code Enforcement works to respond to all citizen contacts in a timely manner.
The "A Better Montrose" mobile app allows you to interact with the city 24/7. Use the app or the online reporting tool to report code enforcement and public works issues, share ideas, and find helpful maps and information about your community.
Use the online reporting tool or download the app at CityofMontrose.org/ABM.
Municipal Code Sections
Information about common code enforcement issues is found in the following sections of the City of Montrose Municipal Code:
- Sign Code (Chapter 4-4)
- Distribution of Handbills / Flyers (Chapter 5-1)
- Litter and Junk (Chapter 6-3)
- Nuisances (Chapter 6-4)
- Weeds (Chapter 6-5)
- Sidewalk Maintenance (Chapter 9-1)
- Care of Trees, Shrubs, and Bushes (Chapter 9-3)
- Removal of Snow and/or Ice (Chapter 9-4)
- Private Use of Public Property (Chapter 9-8)
- What restrictions does the city place on noise?
- Can garage sale signs be posted on utility poles in the city?
- Are residents required to have house numbers displayed on their home?
- Does the city code allow inoperable or junk vehicles with expired plates to be parked on city streets?
- Do the city's weed control regulations apply to vacant land?
- Can trailers or recreational vehicles be parked on city streets?
- What can be done to stop illegal dumping?
- Does the city code allow junk, including wrecked or inoperable vehicles, to be kept on residential properties/yards?