The Engineering Division of Public Works ensures that all city infrastructure is developed and operated according to appropriate codes and standards. The department plans improvements of streets, water and sewer utilities, parks, and other public facilities. View the city's current Street Maintenance and Capital Plan.
Engineering personnel also coordinate closely with the city’s Community Development Department to ensure that developers construct improvements in compliance with the city standards. Infrastructure improvements are reviewed for proper design and are inspected following construction.
The Engineering Division has completed master plans for water, sewer, and storm drain (stormwater) systems throughout the community. These master plans map out the city’s infrastructure needs now and in the future. Copies of prior master plans are available on request.
- Storm Drain Master Plan - Final Report
- Water Master Plan - Final Report
- Sewer Master Plan – Final Report
- Engineering Specifications Introduction (City Regulations - Title 9, Chapter 1)
- Water Distribution System Standards (City Regulations - Title 9, Chapter 2)
- Sanitary Sewer System Standards (City Regulations - Title 9, Chapter 3)
- Street System Standards (City Regulations - Title 9, Chapter 4)
- Concrete Standards (City Regulations - Title 9, Chapter 5)
- Drainage and Erosion Control Standards (City Regulations - Title 9, Chapter 6)