City of Montrose Youth Council
The Montrose Youth Council was established by the Montrose City Council to encourage greater youth participation in the city’s government, and is charged with actively advising City Council with thoughtful recommendations on issues concerning youth and assisting city staff in considering youth perspectives in its planning efforts. The goals and structure of the Youth Council are outlined in the Youth Council Manual
The specific goals of the Youth Council program are:
Youth Council Members
- To provide an opportunity for the youth of this community to acquire a greater knowledge of an appreciation for the American political system through active participation in that system.
- To help the Montrose City Council to solve the problems and accomplish the goals of this community by working directly with the representatives of the youth.
- To serve the youth of this community by:
- Informing the city government of the needs and wishes of the youth.
- Planning and implementing social, educational, cultural, athletic and recreational activities for the youth.
- Working with the Montrose City Council, Montrose County School District and other local organizations to provide new opportunities for Montrose youth.
Eli Archer, Ty Cary, Riley Draper, Tristen Husers, Mitchell Neal, Zhado Trumbo, Zhaman Trumbo, Mikayla Unruh and Sierra Winfrey
The Youth Council meets the first and third Wednesday of each month from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Centennial Meeting Room.