Golden Circle Seniors, Inc. serves as the Meal Site Council for Columbine Senior Services, Inc. Part of the purpose and function of the Meal Site Council is to provide and schedule volunteers for the meal site. The Golden Circle meets the first Monday of every month, at 12:45 p.m. at the Pavilion Senior Center. Our meetings are open and welcome to the public. We are always in need of volunteers
Meal Site Council for Columbine Senior Services:
- Tabulates attendance, tallies and deposits collected funds
- Schedules and assists through volunteers with:
- Dining Room
- Front Desk Greeters
- Other tasks needed for maximum efficiency at the Senior center Meal site (thus maintaining the lowest possible cost for the program!)
Golden Circle Officers and Members provide assistance by:
- Advising seniors of volunteer positions at the Senior Center (with notice of possible participation in the Retired Senior Volunteer program (R.S.V.P.) if they so desire)
Notifying participants of policy changes, events and activities
- Representing and relating senior citizen issues and concerns to the Senior Center Advisory Committee and to the Pavilion staff as needed.
- Encouraging and welcoming partiicpation for anyone eligible
- Raising funds for projects, equipment, etc, at the Senior Center as needed.
Answering innumerable questions for senior citizen concerns.