Applications are only accepted for open positions. The City does not hold unsolicited resumes or applications. Completed and signed City applications and accompanying resumes must be submitted by the closing date listed on the open position posting.
Mail application to:
City of Montrose
P.O. Box 790
Montrose, CO 81402
Drop off application in person at:
City of Montrose
433 S. First Street
Fax application to: 970-240-1492
Each job opening is filled by using a applicant screening process that ensures that the applicants possess the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
The interview and selection process may include:
- Written tests to measure job-related knowledge or aptitude in a particular area.
- Oral interview to discuss applicant's job history and assess oral communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Performance tests to assess a candidate's ability to perform job-related tasks.
- Physical ability tests or medical examinations to assess a candidate's ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- Some city positions may require an applicant to pass a pre-employment reference screen, criminal history check, or drug screen.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors. The City of Montrose is a Equal Opportunity Employer.
For Public Safety positions, polygraph examinations, psychological evaluations, medical evaluations, or background investigations may be used to assess a candidate's suitability.